The Burbs With New Cut on its Blu-ray Premiere
Cult Comedy Starring Tom Hanks With Workprint
Joe Dante's small horror comedy The Burbs starring Tom Hanks became somewhat of a cult hit with a solid fanbase. In England, Arrow Video will release the film on its first Blu-ray worldwide and loads the disc with many bonus features. One of them is especially exciting: a never-before seen workprint by Joe Dante featuring new and alternate scenes.
Here's the full component list:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the Theatrical cut, newly-restored from the original film elements
- Original uncompressed 2.0 Stereo PCM Audio
- Isolated Music and Effects Soundtrack
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- New audio commentary with writer Dana Olsen, moderated by author Calum Waddell
- There Goes the Neighbourhood: The Making of The Burbs - A new feature-length documentary including interviews with Dante, actors Corey Feldman, Courtney Gains and Wendy Schaal, director of photography Robert M. Stevens and production designer James H. Spencer
- The original Workprint cut of the film transferred from Director Joe Dante s personal copy, on home video for the very first time - includes deleted and alternate scenes!
- A Tale of Two Burbs Video featurette comparing the differences between the Workprint and Theatrical cuts of the film, with optional audio commentary from Dante
- Alternate ending, presented in HD for the very first time
- Original Theatrical Trailer in HD
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
- Collector s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kenneth J. Souza, author of Scared Silly: The Films of Joe Dante, and an article looking at the collaborations of Joe Dante and composer Jerry Goldsmith, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
The Blu-ray will hit UK shelves on September 15th, 2014. You can order it at Amazon.co.uk.
Release: Sep 09, 2014
- Author: Mike Lowrey
- Translator: Mike Lowrey