Nightbreed - Final Infos on the US Edition
Standard Version and Limited Edition in October
In last year's summer, the US label Scream! Factory announced that it would release the long-awaited Cabal Cut of Clive Barker's Nightbreed. 6 months ago, it was further clarified that that upcoming version will not be the Cabal Cut but a director's cut that will be 20 minutes longer than the theatrical version but will feature almost 40 minutes of new or alternate material.
Now, the distributor gave out further info on the release. Apart from a special edition that has the DC on Blu-ray and DVD, there will also be a limited edition that exists in 10.000 units. This will contain 3 Blu-rays.
- the Director's Cut
- Introduction by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
- Audio Commentary by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
- Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed featuring interviews with Craig Sheffer, Anne Bobby, Doug Bradley and more… (72 minutes)
- Making Monsters - interviews with makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Martin Mercer and Paul Jones (42 minutes)
- Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting - an interview with Andy Armstrong (20 minutes)
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- a bonus disc full of bonus materials
- Deleted and Alternate Scenes (approx. 20 minutes)
- Monster Prosthetics Master Class
- Cutting Compromise – an interview with editor Mark Goldblatt
- The Painted Landscape: The Concept Art of Ralph McQuarrie
- Matte Painting Tests
- Makeup Tests
- Stop Motion Lost Footage
- Extended Torture Scene
- Rehearsal of Boone’s dream
- Extensive Still Galleries – Early Sketches, Deleted Scene, Posters and Pre-Production art, On the Set, The Cast and Crew
- and the theatrical version from 1990
Since Warner Bros. (who hold the rights to the theatrical version) and Scream! Factory could reach an agreement, the limited set will also contain the theatrical version in HD for the first time ever. You can order it at Amazon.com.