Tenebrae Gets a Restored Blu-ray Release
Synapse Brings US Steelbook in February 2016
Germany, the UK, Poland, Israel... Dario Argento's Tenebrae (1982) has been released cut in several markets in earlier years and has had numerous uncut editions since. But fans might still be interested in the 3-disc steelbook Synapse is releasing in the US on February 23rd, 2016. This edition has the newly restored version of the film on board.
For this, the master was taken from the original negative and color correction has been applied. Also, the steelbook is limited to 3000 and offers exclusive bonus features that will probably not be present on future releases. The specs:
- Audio commentary track featuring film critic and Argento scholar, Maitland McDonagh
- Original international trailer
- Booklet containing liner notes by Derek Botelho, author of The Argento Syndrome, with additional technical notes by Vincent Pereira and Don May, Jr.
Also exclusively included on this edition:
- Rare high-definition 1080p English sequence insert shots, playable within the film via seamless branching
- Feature-length in-depth documentary, Yellow Fever: The Rise and Fall of the Giallo by High Rising Productions, chronicling the giallo film genre from its beginnings as early 20th century crime fiction, to its later influences on the modern slasher film genre. Featuring interviews with Dario Argento, Umberto Lenzi, Luigi Cozzi, Lamberto Bava, Richard Stanley, and more!
- Original Unsane (U.S. version) end credits sequence
- Alternate opening credits sequence
- Japanese Shadow theatrical trailer
- Bonus CD (19 Tracks) featuring an all-new 2015 remaster of the TENEBRAE motion picture soundtrack, containing additional tracks not included on the original 1982 album
Release: Feb 03, 2016
- Author: The Undertaker
- Translator: Mike Lowrey