Thelma & Louise
The War of the Worlds
The Last of Us
Blood Bath Gets Blu-ray With 4 Versions
Arrow Video Release in the US and UK
Blood Bath (1966) was produced by Roger Corman and has an interesting production history. Planned as a crime thriller titled Operation Titian, Corman didn't like the end result. The film was then recut, got a new soundtrack and was released as Portrait of Terror (1965).
After that, scene reshoots followed that made the film into a vampire movie released as Blood Bath. On TV, it was aired as Track of the Vampire and features new scenes while missing others.
On May 30th 2016, Arrow Video will release a Blu-ray set in the US and the UK that contains all 4 versions, restored from the best possible sources. The specs:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of four versions of the film: Operation Titian, Portrait in Terror, Blood Bath and Track of the Vampire
- Brand new 2K restorations of Portrait in Terror, Blood Bath and Track of the Vampire from original film materials
- Brand new reconstruction of Operation Titian using original film materials and standard definition inserts
- The Trouble with Titian Revisited - a brand new visual essay in which Tim Lucas returns to (and updates) his three-part Video Watchdog feature to examine the convoluted production history of Blood Bath and its multiple versions
- Bathing in Blood with Sid Haig - a new interview with the actor, recorded exclusively for this release
- Outtakes from Track of the Vampire, scanned from original film materials
- Double-sided fold-out poster featuring original and newly commissioned artworks
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Dan Mumford
- Limited edition booklet containing new writing on the film and its cast by Peter Stanfield, Anthony Nield, Vic Pratt and Cullen Gallagher,,
You can order the Blu-ray at Amazon.com or at Amazon.co.uk.
Release: May 25, 2016
- Author: The Undertaker
- Translator: Mike Lowrey